Monday 18 June 2012

The Making of Harry Potter

I am not the biggest Harry Potter fan. I have read one and a half of the books, and seen the first and last of the films. My children however have seen them all - probably quite a few times - and love them.


The Making of Harry Potter, the Warner Bros Studio Tour, opened at the end of March to enable fans to go behind the scenes of the film making process and understand more fully what made all eight films so successful.

The tour is not a disappointment. It is interesting, enjoyable and incredibly inspiring. It shows just how much creativity, detail, craft, intelligence, vision and hard graft went into making the films so visually entrancing. Sets, props, mask making, remote controlled characters, animal training, make up, special effects, thought processes from the directors and producers, cars, models, costumes, you name it, it is all there to see and hear.


There is so much I want to write about, and so many pictures I want to show, yet so much I don't want to give away. We weren't given the offical souvenir guide until after the tour, which as a member of staff told us was the best way - so that everything was a surprise - it certainly was.

All I can do is highly recommend it to fans, artists, dreamers, craft folk, film buffs, parents, educators, in fact anyone. The studio showcases levels of creativity as I have never seen before, so much so that all my children just wanted all of it to be real!

No comments: