Friday 17 August 2007

MAKER OF THE WEEK - LUCIE PRITCHARD

Lucie Pritchard


I silk screen print onto fabric, and from that make interior and fashion accessories, such as cushions, scarves, purses, bags, and brooches.




1) Money spent on 'well made, good quality items' is never wasted.

2 What was the last art/craft/design thing you purchased?
I bought a hand made felt bag from a gallery retail area.

3 Last good read?
The Conjuror's Bird by Martin Davis

4 Who would you say buys your work?
I would say women between the ages of 18-40 buy my work

5 What is on you pinboard?
On my pinboard I have lots of leaflets with shows and exhibitions coming up. Website, shops and galleries of interest, and things to do.


6 Where and what is your studio?
My studio is in Clerkenwell Green Association. I rent a studio space for 1 day a week in a shared workspace area. There is usually someone else working/making/designing. We usually work with some music on.


7 Favourite Website?
www.hiddenart.com is one of favourite websites as there are lots of designers on there and new people joing all the time and I like to look and see what's going on.

8 Can you ever switch off from artwork?
I find it very difficult to switch of from doing art work. I always carry a notebook with me incase I think of any new ideas or things I have to do - that way I won't forget!

9 What one word would describe your feeling of doing your work?
Challenging

10 Would you rather be doing something else?
I wouldn't want to be doing anything else, even though sometimes it's tough I still love it!


No comments: