Thursday 21 February 2013

Maker of the Week - Consuelo Radclyffe

Childhood memories are Consuelo Radclyffe's main inspiration.Her ceramic figures are often described as dark, joyful and weird - carefully crafted identities which give her work depth, poignancy and glee. Consuelo will be showing her work at the Palace Art and Craft Fair.

 
At what age did you know you wanted to become a maker?
SInce I was a young, but only could do it when I was an adult due to my hard life bringing up a family,  then I decided to do a BA when I was  50 years old.
 

Is being a an artist / designer your only job?
At present I am just an artist, practising at my studio in London and Brazil.
If you could be anything else what would you be?
An architect

One favourite living artist?
PaulaRego, because she inspired me.
One favourite historical designer?
Edmund de Waal because he changed ceramics perception in terms of being a respected artistic form.


What is the most interesting / fun job you have had?
Helping  unfortunate people in Brazil to make art. Because I could see their potential.

What item of design / craft do you covet most?
A piece that moves me and make me wonder!

Last book / film that blew your mind?
Habla com ella. (almodovar)

What are you listening to? 
Rebecca Ferguson



How many hours do you waste on the internet each day?
1 hour

If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
New York, because I could have access to most museums and art galleries.

Where and what is your studio?
London - in London Bridge and sometimes in Brazil (winters in London)  I spend in the sun and sea location.


Three words that describe your feeling of doing your work?
Exciting and the feeling of wanting more.

Chips or mash?
Mash.

No comments: