Wednesday 2 October 2013

Kiran Ravilious


Kiran Ravilious Prints from Raz on Vimeo.

 "I am a designer and printmaker, carving my designs on lino and printing them directly onto fabrics. My designs probably have more than a hint of the tropics to them as I was born and raised in Singapore. My father was an officer in the Singapore navy and often spent time drawing with my brother and me. At a time where most teenagers were encouraged to pursue degrees which would land them professional careers, he encouraged me to pursue my passion and interest in art and design. I graduated with honours in Visual Art just a year after he died. Soon after graduating, I decided to embark on an adventure! I packed my bags and got on a thirteen hour flight to England. It was only supposed to be a two year stint but soon after arriving in Leicester, on a very cold summer's day, I met Ben. On one of our first dates, I showed Ben these little paintings that I had been doing and he asked me if I'd heard of his grandfather Eric Ravilious. I had not! We hit it off anyway and and were soon inseparable!"

Kiran Ravillious will be exhibiting at MADELONDON - One Marylebone. 
Stand 84 in the Soane Hall.

For reduced price advance tickets click here

No comments: