Wednesday 17 November 2010

Maker of the Day - Harriet Chapman


Harriet Chapman is a contemporary handbag designer based in South Wales. Outdoor living and a more nomadic lifestyle is the inspiration for her collection of digitally printed fabrics.

One favourite living craft maker.
One of my favorate craft makers/ artist....Rachel Howard

What was the last art/craft/design thing you purchased?
My last little purchase was one of Anna Lewis's birds (of which I now have five) from her Cathexis exhibition at the Mission Gallery 2007.




At age 18 who influenced your style? Was there any individual who very much helped you on your way?
I think i was very inspired at the age of 18 by Art nouveau. It was my farther that helped me on my way.

What’s currently on your i-pod, cd player, tape recorder?
Paulo natini, Imogen Heap, Kings of Leon, 0z

Where and what is your studio?
My studio is a 60s purpose built complex which is very cold in the winter , and has a lovely court yard where artists can gather at lunch times in the summer.

What is your favourite (art) website?
Amy Butler is one of my favourite websites.

Surprising activity/hobby?
Camping



Do you have a good work/life balance?
I do have a good worklife it is hard to switch off sometimes though , but I absoloutly love what I do.

What one word would describe your feeling of doing your work?
Happy

Do you think art and craft has any real importance?
I think Art and Craft is crucial and very important.

What do think are crimes against good taste & decency in art/craft/design?
There's no crime you only buy what you like!

No comments: